Monday, February 23, 2009

Yunnan Itinerary

This is the itinerary verbatim:

-------------------------------------------

2/25 - Early morning flight to Kunming, Overnight train to Dali

2/26 - Free morning in Dali, 12pm drive to Shaxi Ancient Town in Jianchuan

2/27 - Morning Bai Culture talk, afternoon hike 8km to Shibao Mountain Complex

2/28  - Early morning depart from Shaxi, 10pm* start hike - 18 switchback of hell 15km hike

2/29 - 15 km hike to Lower Gorge overnight at Chateau de Woody's

3/1 - Drive to Zhongdian (3hrs); afternoon at Songzanlin Monastery; evening enter Napa Village

3/2 - Napa Day 1 
3/3 - Napa Day 2
3/4 - Napa Day 3
3/5 - Napa Day 4

3/6 Morning flight to Kunming; Free Day in Kunming; late night flight to Beijing

----------------------

So from what I can tell from this itinerary and word of mouth, this is going to be an intense week and a half. Lot's of hiking, talking to locals and getting lost. Things I like.

There are 4 Yunnan groups. I think they split everyone up to make the groups easier to herd. Going anywhere in a big group sucks. I'm glad there is only 13 or so students on our trip. Also I really like the people in my group. It's not that I don't like the other people...it's just that I am pretty close with the people on my trip. There are two upper lever and two lower level groups. I'm not ashamed to say I'm in the lower level. A1 and A2 are the "northen", mountainous trips and B1 and B2 are the southern, tropical trips. A1 and A2 have the same itinerary but in opposite orders. I'm on A1. I don't know much about the B's.


Click picture for a bigger one.

No comments:

Post a Comment