Monday, February 9, 2009

2/8/09

Last day of with the ability to speak English in the dorms. Ouch. I woke up pretty late. Late here is 11 am. I boiled some frozen jiaozi (dumplings) for lunch. Played some pingpangqiu (ping pong) with Nash. It was a fairly uneventful day.

Oh I went to the gym on campus. We have yet to receive our student cards so I didn't buy the discounted membership yet. It's a pretty nice gym. It had dumbells and that's all I was looking for. I ran on the treadmill and found some spinning bikes upstairs. They're really small though. My knees sometimes hit the handle bar. I'm excited to go back to be honest. Working out can be nice. And it doesn't require a lot of language skills.

For dinner a bunch of us went to a xiaochi, a small little diner. I think it was the best meal I've had here so far. Most of the food is great, but this was awesome. It might have been because I was hungry from working out....but who cares. It still tasted good. The eggplant in this country could turn me into a vegetarian. It's so so so so good. F tofu. Eggplant is where it's at. So yeah we had an eggplant dish, a sliced beef dish and the westerner special, sweet and sour pork. Top it off with a coke and a bowl of rice....Delish...

I had to learn 64 words of vocab tonight. It was tough -  really tough.  I hear it gets easier. Hopefully. Tomorrow is our first day of language pledge. I have no idea how it's goin
g to work...

Oh...this is my bed. Laugh all you want. I did.

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute bed.

    Ps No one got kicked off tool academy because the huge meathead had an anxiety attack (he didn't even take any pills like in the commercial, what a fag) and decided to leave the show. Also, the girlfriends move in with the guys next episode and shit hits the fan. I think the pip-squeak with the huge girl are going to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first sentence is loaded with irony, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, is it Mark's job to keep you updated on Tool Academy?

    This entry is the best so far. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't mention the pillow with the rose on it. It really ties the room together. Heh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina and I have been wondering what this must look like in real life. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha I didn't even notice the pillow.

    ReplyDelete