Monday, January 12, 2009

2 weeks before I leave.

Well, in just over 2 weeks I'll be heading to Beijing! I'm going to write in this blog as much as I can to let people back in the U.S. /U.K. know what I'm up to this semester. I'll try to post pictures and videos as much as I can - let's face it, who likes to read a lot. A picture is worth a thousand words, and video are like...60 pictures per second? So videos are 60,000 words per second. I know I can't read that fast.

Thinking up the title of this blog took me a while. I finally settled with “Rob 在北京" (Rob Zai Beijing). Which unimaginatively translates to Rob in Beijing. It's hard to title something that doesn't exist yet, you know? It would be like the author thinking of the title of a book before writing it. I'm sure I could think of a more meaningful and clever name for this blog in a few months, but for now I'll stick with it.

If anybody reading this has any suggestions for type of blog posts they want to see or just general suggestions for the blog email me at rsecker@mail.utexas.edu.

I don't know how good my internet access will be, but if i could manage this summer, I'll be just fine in Beijing.

再见!



No comments:

Post a Comment